GRO 2023: Application Opens On June 1st, 2022
join the GRO program:
Does it feel like your town’s best days are behind?
Does it sadden you to see blight and disrepair in your town?
Are you frustrated with the lack of progress being made in your community?
Are you aspiring to bring good jobs and families back to your community?
Are you tired of conversations that don’t translate to actions and outcomes?
Are you seeking ways to get local leaders to better “Row in the same direction”?
It’s time to bridge the gap between idle talk and actions that help your community progress!
- Governance & Planning
- Action & Accountability
- Resource Development
- Community Outreach & Programming
- Academic & Experiential Learning
- Community Support Services
- Quality & Affordable Housing
- Public Spaces & Experiences
- Town Infrastructure
- Create It: Entrepreneurship and Innovation
- Grow It: Expand local businesses
- Attract It: Bring in new businesses
WILL RECIEVE SUPPORT IN THE FOLLOWING
- Monthly hands-on expert coaching and planning guidance (250+ hours of annual support).
PROGRAM MANAGEMENT AND SUPPORT
- Development of a collaborative and effective local core leadership structure.
- A detailed community assessment.
- A prioritized plan of action that is activated and leads to outcomes.
- Comprehensive program management to ensure accountability.
- Access to this (www.growqzarks.org) program management tool.
READY TO LAUNCH CRITICAL PROJECTS
- We help communities achieve outcomes faster by pre-packing the work into easy-to-use tools and templates. Topics include: Local poverty alleviation, Community cleanup, Housing development, Leadership program, Business attraction, Business growth, Business911 platform, Monthly business speaker series, and more.
- Community engagement tools (social media planning, newsletter, community forums)
- GRO teams have access to cross-community collaborations and leadership forums with other communities in the GRO team (cross-community cohort meeting, across ten expert speakers, etc).
COMMUNITY SELECTION CRITERIA:
Most critical element of the selection criteria is a diverse and committed local leadership team that is willing to spend time, energy and resources to help improve their community.
- June 1st: Applications available.
- October 15th: Applications due.
- October 31st: Communities selected.
- November 1st: Program preparation initiated.
- January 1st: Class kick-off.