The leadership and residents of Hermann look forward to creating a unifying plan for progress. We want this plan to contain stated goals, action steps for implementation, and accountability measures built-in, for the city. We hope that in the planning process, pinpoints the key elements that address Hermann’s economic challenges, and with the use of one or two projects, we find solutions.
The small town of Hermann enjoys many assets of a much larger city – its hospital, many restaurants, museums, and cultural institutions. Our rich German heritage and beautiful location on the Missouri River are assets and a draw for visitors. Tourism is a key revenue source for the City. We feel that participating in the GRO 3.0 program will provide an out-of-the-ordinary opportunity for us to work together to create measured and sustainable growth for our City.
- Launched the ProjectRISE program.
- Secured CARES Act funding to support various community efforts.
- Develop a strong diverse local GRO leadership team.
- Recruited an intern to support the efforts.
- Developed a logo for the program.
- Engage a broad set of leaders (3.5%). Create greater awareness across the community through community engagement and intern. ProjectRISE launched and 4-5 families engaged. Pursue two major grant opportunities. Establish a community guide.
The following individuals help make the our GRO Hermann projects more effective and impactful.