The Buffalo GRO program launched in January of 2018, and over the years, the program and the GRO leadership have established a strong foundation. While the exact number of programs continues to evolve, we are currently focusing on approximately 13 core initiatives. These efforts span four key areas: Our Economy, Our People, Our Place, and Our Program. To make this effort a reality, we have over 25 local citizens who are actively engaged. These leaders bring with them a variety of experiences and perspectives. We have elected officials, educators, business leaders, social service leaders, retired citizens, students, and many others.
Gro Buffalo provides an umbrella under which community leaders and members can come together and create strategic direction, resources, and implementation for key community priorities.
Capacity building to our entrepreneurs and businesses through built partnerships with the Women’s Business Center, StartHere, eFactory, Small Business Development Center, SuperCharge SW, and Southwest Council of Governments Revolving Loan Fund. These partners offer educational resources, financing, mentor and counseling tools for existing and start up businesses.
- Airport renovation: Now have airplane traffic.
- Passed a very important school levy; Gave a boost to the school district.
- Launched a leadership program. Two classes have graduated. Established relationships at Jeff City.
- Helping Hands: Have cleaned up many local properties. People taking ownership of the community.
- Business speaker events. Have had 100s of views.
- Won the Community Betterment Award. Now have access to a Women’s Business
- Better local communication, partnerships, and trust.
- Implement Communication & Outreach Plan.
- Conduct Industry Site day/ Attract a business.
- Launch an entrepreneurship campaign.
- Graduate class three and recruit Class four Leadership.
- Complete Phase one of airport reno, Begin on Phase two.
- Conduct five Helping Hands events.
- Obtain better broadband connectivity data.
The following individuals help make the our GRO Buffalo projects more effective and impactful.