We need help with:
- As you will see, we are working on a variety of programs in Ash Grove. So question for you: Are we missing anything? Or would you like to engage with us more deeply in an effort? Please contact us…we need your leadership!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
The key to community prosperity is strong local leadership. Often the same set of individuals serve in a variety of leadership roles and as a result experience burnout. Additionally, local citizens who could be potential leaders, lack the knowledge on how to engage. GRO Ash Grove will tackle this opportunity by creating two specific pathways.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Engage and recruit co-leaders for each of the GRO projects.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- GRO Ash Grove Leaders are reaching out to citizens in our community to join in the GRO efforts and work together towards our goals.
- The team is working with the high school students (GRIP) and identifying potential youth leaders.
- The team is working on ways to connect the Chamber and its members to GRO Ash Grove efforts.
- Spring 2022: 30 businesses have now been added to the chamber, and it is continuing to grow in Ash Grove.
- GRO Ash Grove’s Chamber is helping hold the 4th of July celebrations “Spark’s in the Parks”. At the celebration, vendors will be selling food and there will be a raffle to give a citizen.
- In the works of finalizing the renovation of the American Legion building where the Chamber will have a place to meet.
- The GRO team and the City are developing plans to fund, and hire, a person who can support economic development, chamber member management, and community outreach.
- Next Steps:
- Mayor and GRO team will connect with the county, and philanthropic organizations to start building funding for a person to take on these efforts.
- Miles and Hrishue will connect GRO Ash Grove leaders and GRO Buffalo leaders to help develop problem-solving strategies.