We need help with:
- As you will see, we are working on a variety of programs in Eldon. So question for you: Are we missing anything? Or would you like to engage with us more deeply in an effort? Please contact us…we need your leadership!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
The key to community prosperity is strong local leadership. Often the same set of individuals serve in a variety of leadership roles and as a result experience burnout. Additionally, local citizens who could be potential leaders, lack the knowledge on how to engage. GRO Eldon will tackle this opportunity by creating two specific pathways.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Engage and recruit co-leaders for each of the GRO projects.
- Launch an Eldon Leadership program that provides structured training to citizens interested in serving their community.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The team is investigating how to recruit more youth leaders from the local school district.
- The team is also evaluating how retired citizens could be given an opportunity to connect with the community in leadership roles.
- The team will also conduct a variety of community outreach efforts to recruit leaders not just to GRO but also to help ensure a successful transition plan for key roles in the community such as the Town Manager.
- Action: Chamber: add the new chamber president to the meeting.
- Action: Add Maura Clemet to the Health conversation and the GRO Core Leadership