We need help with:
- If you would like to engage more in this effort, please contact us!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
The key to community prosperity is strong local leadership. Often, the same set of individuals serves in a variety of leadership roles and as a result experience burnout. Additionally, local citizens who could be potential leaders, lack the resources on how to engage. GRO Eldon will tackle this opportunity by creating two specific pathways.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Engage and recruit co-leaders for each of the GRO projects.
- Launch an Eldon Leadership program that provides structured training to citizens interested in serving their community.
- Team looking to launch the leadership program in Fall of 2022 with about 5 individuals.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- The GRO Team is investigating how to recruit more youth leaders from the local school district.
- The team is also evaluating how retired citizens could be given an opportunity to connect with the community in leadership roles.
- The team will also conduct a variety of community outreach efforts to recruit leaders, not just to GRO, but also to help ensure a successful transition plan for key roles in the community such as the Town Manager.
- Superintended Matt Davis reached out to GRO Buffalo leaders Hollie Elliot and Tracy Strictland to see how he might be able to implement a GRO Eldon Leadership Program such as GRO Buffalo’s.
- The team will still plan to start finding the right leaders to take on leadership positions within the community.