Housing Restoration and Development
We need help with:
- We are looking for leaders who have various housing-related skills: real estate agents, developers, individuals looking to buy a home, etc. Your insights will be very helpful as we develop our town housing strategy.
- If you are a local developer or real estate agent, contact us to help to identify future housing.
- Do you want to help Ash Grove to highlight the great citizens restoring homes and community areas? Reach out and let us know!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
Quality and affordable housing is the fundamental asset that is needed to attract/retain young families to Ash Grove. The GRO team will work alongside the Ash Grove City Hall to create and mobilize a plan that helps improve local housing stock.
Restoring homes and the community help retain/attract citizens. Community members feel like the town is cleaner, safer, and more welcoming when areas are refurbished and clean. The council was created to bring explicit focus to this opportunity. 2022 Goals: Relaunch the community beautification awards, and conduct three community cleanup events.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Clean eight properties.
- Develop new ordinances in the first six months.
- Support street clean-ups, and paint three properties on Mainstreet (and the old jailhouse).
- Relaunch the restoration awards, and clean up efforts.
- Identify one or two houses or sites to build affordable housing.
- RECLAIM Buildings and identity.
- REVITALIZE: A sense of community
- REAWAKEN: Passion and energy
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- Mayor Gardner and City Hall are working out a plan to deploy a coordinated housing strategy.
- Next Steps:
- Good pictures of the event on Facebook
- Sit down with the chief on how to conduct code enforcement