Ash Grove Restoration Council
We need help with:
– If you are a local developer or real estate agent, contact us to help to identify future housing.
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– Housing was chosen for the need in our community for new homes and/or renovated homes. We hope to help our community understand that homeownership is truly attainable when seeking that path.
– We strive to make more affordable housing available to local citizens. Having a good and stable home helps the community as a whole.
We have selected this program for the following reasons:
– the program is visible and tangible
– will help improve the local property values
– will help improve local community pride
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
Identify one or two houses or sites to build affordable housing.
– RECLAIM: Buildings and identity.
– REVITALIZE: A sense of community
– REAWAKEN: Passion and energy
GOALS FOR 2021
– Lift the spirit in the community by conducting a variety of events. These will include: community cleanup, planning housing development, etc.
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
-Team conducted a community cleanup event. (2mile stretch)
– Team has established the Ash Grove Restoration council.
– Integrate events with the city: National Day of Prayer, Cleanup, Arbor Day, Garage Sale.
– Conducted “prom dress” fundraising event (6/20)
– August, 2020: The program has been prioritized and launched.
– December, 2020: Conducted Christmas On Main event.
– Better educate the community and help them engage in the effort. The effort helped recruit a local working committee.
– We have engaged with subject matter experts to learn about opportunities to improve our local housing stock.
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Connect with Jacob and figure out how to align efforts with the city.
– Develop and present a plan to the city council.
– June 20th, Fundraising event on Main Street.
– Did a housing survey, GRO can assist in summarizing the key points.
– GRO can assist in summarizing the key points.