Housing Development Project
We need help with:
– If you are a local developer or real estate agent, contact us to help to identify future housing.
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– There is an acute lack of affordable housing in Hermann. Underpinning this challenge is that we are losing population in Hermann. Without access to quality and affordable housing, it is virtually impossible to attract young families to our town.
– Affordable housing helps to attract more citizens to the community to help bring more life and economic development. Bringing more families and people encourages hope to make current citizens stay. Keeping citizens and gaining more is essential for the betterment of the overall community.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
– We would like to complete a housing assessment study that helps identify critical challenges and opportunities in our community.
GOALS FOR 2021
– Complete the housing assessment and identify critical local housing challenges.
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
– The city has engaged with MRPC to begin evaluating the housing study process.
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Plan to conduct Windshield survey
– MRPC looking to develop a GIS housing mapping.
– Determine how local students can be utilized to conduct the housing survey