Housing and Home Ownership
We need help with:
– If you are a local developer or real estate agent, contact us to help to identify future housing.
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– Housing was chosen simply for the need in our community for new homes and/or renovated homes.
– We hope to help our community understand that home ownership is truly attainable when seeking that path.
– We strive to make more affordable housing available to local citizens. Having a good and stable home helps the community as a whole.
– Affordable housing helps to attract more citizens to the community to help bring more life and economic development. Bringing more families and people encourages hope to make current citizens stay. Keeping citizens and gaining more is essential for the betterment of the overall community.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
– Collaboration of community members to improve understanding of goals and work to implement and grow the project.
– Use tools and experts in the field to develop plans and connect the dots to help tackle the issue of lack of affordable housing in Eldon.
GOALS FOR 2021
– Bring together partners in the community and establish a cohesive plan of action.
– Identify one or two houses or sites to build affordable housing.
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
– A couple houses are being taken down.
– Eldon development corp will get a house to demolish and sell the lot. Getting some houses torn down, nice to know there is some progress.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
– Have developed a local team that is starting to focus on this issue April/May.
– Three houses torn down, (one one has a new construction).
– Our community recognized the need and opportunity of this project.
– We have been fortunate to have 10-12 new homes built, or currently in the construction phase, over the past year
– We have multiple remodels/demolitions taking place in our community as well.
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Conduct a tour of the community and gather findings. May 19th – Consumer education on banking options, done at the school.
– The realtors, are looking to see if grant $ is available via NAR.
– 2 or 3 subdivision that are coming/pending due to cost.
– Consumer education on banking options.
– Teacher recruitment is becoming a high priority, so having housing for them in Eldon.