Community Engagement and Outreach
We need help with:
– Do you have expertise in social media? Graphic design? Photography? Videography or Writing? We could use your help to be part of our committee to help spread the “GRO” word. No threshold on time commitment.
– We would love your help!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– We aspire to get more of the community aware of all the activities and gain engagement beyond one-time participation. The goal is to create a deeper level of citizen engagement and involvement, enhancing the connection to the community.
– We are driving towards gaining 3.5% of the population to be actively involved. We found that to make a change and increase momentum having 3.5% of the population is essential.
The program was chosen for the following reasons:
– We want our community to be able to think more collectively.
– We want to engage with local citizens of different backgrounds, ages, experiences.
– We recognize that the biggest challenge in helping improve and sustain our community is to involve more local citizens.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
Our goals for this year:
– Develop and maintain a local calendar of activities on the Nucleus.
– Publish one video that highlight our efforts.
– Begin a social media outreach campaign.
– Develop a list of potential local leaders who can join the program.
– Engage 50 individuals to be consistently engaged on the GRO efforts.
GOALS FOR 2021
– Create engagement and awareness through the implementation of various communication modes.
– We are striving towards the goal of gaining 3.5% of the pop
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
– GRO Local Monthly Newsletter.
– Newsletter sent out.
– ProjectRise BBQ (Info session) (to be in June 12).
– Historic Walkthrough.
– Intern identified.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
– Team conducted a very successful Christmas on the Square event.
– Team has launched a yard sign program.
– Conducted an Easter Egg Hunt fundraiser (raised $745).
– GRO Video completed.
– Identified church to hold the classes/child care. (First Baptist Church)
– Newsletter for June sent out.
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Outreach plan
– Conducting a monthly beautification award to residents.
– Facebook, highlight for one community member.
– Funding for intern to get started.