Community Outreach and Engagement
We need help with:
– Do you have expertise in social media? Graphic design? Photography? Videography or Writing? We could use your help to be part of our committee to help spread the “GRO” word. No threshold on time commitment. We would love your help!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– We aspire to get more of the community aware of all the activities and gain engagement beyond one-time participation.
– The goal is to create a deeper level of citizen engagement and involvement, enhancing the connection to the community. We are driving towards gaining 3.5% of the population to be actively involved. We found that to make a change and increase momentum having 3.5% of the population is essential.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
– We want to ensure that our local citizens are aware of the efforts that are underway to improve our community.
– We will also use this opportunity to recruit more leaders to support GRO and the community. Our eventual goal is to have 80 individuals of diverse backgrounds to join and lead the program.
GOALS FOR 2021
– Recruit an intern and create an integrated outreach process. Activate local leaders.
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
– GRO Hermann page is up and running
– Have recruited an intern to assist.
– Have design a GRO logo.
-Intern, Charlotte Ervin, identified. Will start in the fall.
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
-Posting the Community survey campaign.
-Marie and Miles are going to meet-up and chat.
– Alex will start in the summer.
– Meet with Amanda (imagination library)
– Investigated on what can be shared on FB