We need help with:
- Are you a business that is looking to develop a long-term talent pipeline? Would you like to support our local talent development efforts?
- Did you graduate from Buffalo high school? Are you looking for opportunities to get involved with local businesses or local youth?
Please contact us…we need your leadership!
WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
Lack of collaboration between the business and the community leaders can lead to missed opportunities related to economic, community and workforce development. GRO Buffalo will connect to local businesses, (1) To help integrate alumni talent with local internships. (2) Encourage businesses to use the GRO Nucleus jobs platform. (3) Share success stories where local alumni have been placed into loca jobs.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
- Invite 20 businesses onto the new integrated jobs platform, and place 12 interns in local opportunities. (will be released in Fall 2022)
- Continue to explore opportunities for businesses and industries to be involved with the Dallas County Technical Center.
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
- Team is working to identify a short list of businesses and will then begin proactively engaging with them.
- Students are creating videos for outreach
- Meetings between the school district, the tech center, career center and DED to coordinate with more involvement and tours together for students and teachers. Reaching out to industry consuls to home builders association and contractors association.