WHY IS THE PROJECT IMPORTANT
– The goal of this program is to find ways to improve how we leverage our city municipal airport as a regional asset. Through this focused effort, the team hopes to improve the physical infrastructure at the airport, and also create programming that helps drive more utilization of the airport.
OVERALL PROJECT GOAL
– Continue to move forward with our projects and plans to improve the physical infrastructure at the airport, and also create programming that helps drive more utilization of the airport..
GOALS FOR 2021
MAJOR WINS TO- DATE
ACCOMPLISHMENTS TO- DATE
– The airport has been redeveloped and as a result the community has seen an increase in airplane traffic.
– Airplane traffic continues to increase.
– People using and enjoying it.
– Raising awareness within the community and bringing key stakeholders to the table in the effort to revitalize this community asset.
– Reviewed the grounds.
– Checked the number of planes currently kept at the airport. Checked condition of turn around ramps and approach ends.
– Evaluated the heliport and the condition of the existing building.
– Enabled quick rides for stopovers to local restaurants.
– Advertised facilities and promotions with open houses and fly in’s.
NEXT 4 WEEKS PLAN
– Waiting on building materials.
– Looking at some grants and making some decisions
– Maybe having a small fall event
– Discussing next stages